Translate

Saturday, August 08, 2020

The past is a foreign country, and other quotes

The posting of quotes by human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources. (I try to confirm the sources that I give, but may miss on occasion; please verify when possible.)

“The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.” -- Leslie Poles Hartley

“I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken.” -- Oliver Cromwell

“A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.” -- Mark Twain

“Letting the cat out of the bag is a whole lot easier than putting it back in.” -- Unknown

“My life is a mystery which I do not attempt to really understand, as though I were led by the hand in a night where I see nothing, but can fully depend on the love and protection of Him who guides me.” -- Thomas Merton

“Some say our problem is that Christianity is not taught in school. Perhaps our greater problem is that Christianity is not taught in church.” -- Heard

“Christ, not Caesar, is head of the church.” -- John MacArthur (and probably numerous others)

“When God lets you hit rock bottom, he shows you he is the rock at the bottom.” -- Unknown

“Never dumb down your faith to fit your doubts.” -- Steve Brown

“Social media companies are not the arbiters of truth.” -- Courtney Parella

No comments: