- Donald Trump is now leading with women and young people, GOP in desperation mode --"The first Republican primary debate is less than 72 hours away and all signs point to Donald Trump taking center stage."
- 'Largest Confederate funeral in a century' says goodbye to a Southern black man -- "The same town that's home to the Ole Miss Rebels and the university's former mascot Colonel Reb, just held the largest Confederate funeral and procession the city has seen for over the last 100 years."
- LDS church releases never-before-seen pics of ‘seer stone’ used by Joseph Smith -- "The images of the small, smooth brown and black colored rock were published in a book containing the original printer’s manuscript of the Book of Mormon, a central text of the Mormon faith."
- Ode to Joy -- "Join a choir. Science shows it’ll make you feel better."
- Parking karma comes back and bites Urban Meyer -- "The parking space gods can be a ruthless and vindictive group, even if you happen to be the head football coach of the defending national champions."
- Scalia Gets It Pretty Much Right -- "By departing from tradition and becoming more inclusive and less doctrinaire, the court has deprived itself of any brakes that might stop the train it has set in motion. Many will think this is a good thing. The question Scalia and the other dissenters raise is whether it is a legal good thing."
- Shape Note Singers Revive The 1911 'Sacred Harp' -- "What’s so interesting about it is just the way that it’s an artifact of what 'Sacred Harp' meant to people, how people were understanding it as fitting into their lives in the modernizing New South of the early 20th century."
- Singing Changes Your Brain -- "Group singing has been scientifically proven to lower stress, relieve anxiety, and elevate endorphins."
- Teacher punishes kid because of his religious beliefs -- "An Indiana teacher at Forest Park Elementary School is under fire for keeping a 7-year-old segregated from the rest of the class for three days after getting the kid to admit he doesn’t believe in God."
Friday, August 07, 2015
Ode to Joy, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.