- American Values, Mental Health and Using Technology in the Age of Trump -- "... Americans who see themselves as “very spiritual” were equally likely to vote for Trump or Clinton."
- Asa Elijah Wright 1795-1873 -- "Asa Wright took part in the organization of the Sabine Baptist Association in Novermber, 1843."
- Church stoked tithing with unemployment scam, ex-members say -- "Fields said he knew the plan was not legal but went along with it because of intense pressure from Whaley, who founded the church with her husband in 1979."
- Grandfather hands stranger's toddler $20 bill in Target for most tragic reason -- ""The man got his wallet out and pulled a $20 out, he put it in Owens pocket on his shirt and said..."
- Ezekiel 18:24 -- "The truth is that those who are truly righteous are not so in themselves. We have no righteousness of our own."
- Freewill As Taught In Scripture -- "These Scriptures and many others clearly show that free will does exist and is being exercised by God and man."
- Hurricanes Harvey And Irma Were NOT Caused By 'Climate Change' -- "The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change reported in its most recent scientific assessment that '(n)o robust trends in annual numbers of tropical storms, hurricanes, and major hurricanes ... have been identified over the past 100 years in the North Atlantic basin,' and that there are 'no significant observed trends in global tropical cyclone frequency."
- Irreconcilable Differences: a Revolution for the Soul of the Southern Baptist Convention -- "A Thesis by Ryan S. Parsons, May 2016
- Is God Judging America? -- "Our God judges sin. Don’t try to absolve him. Our God is beyond our understanding. Don’t try to explain him."
- James Garfield Letter -- "James A. Garfield (1831-81) was an attorney, minister, educator, soldier, and the twentieth President of the United States."
- Life, Ministry, and More with Dr. Robert Picirilli -- "The Historical Commission is charged with preserving and promoting Free Will Baptist History. So the whole purpose of the commission then is to provide incentives to our people to learn more about Free Will Baptist history."
- Masterpiece Cakeshop: Meet the Christian Legal Group Behind the High-Profile Court Case -- "As a result of its advocacy, ADF has garnered its fair share of both praise and criticism from actors on both sides of the culture wars."
- Promise Quotes -- "When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, “Try it one more time”."
- Samuel F.B. Morse Letter – 1830 -- "Samuel F.B. Morse sent the first telegraph between cities in 1844 — the text of Numbers 23:23, “What Hath God Wrought.”"
- The Journey of Cloud's Creek Community & Baptist Church -- "Rev. William Hendon was ordained at Cloud's Creek Baptist Church on July 11, 1807...Two sons of Moses Herrin, married two daughters of Rev. William Hendon."
- The List: American Clergymen Who Defended Slavery -- "Like finding the tail of a long serpent protruding from a dark hole, Tise slowly but surely extracts the American ideology of proslavery from its shadowy history and into the light by studying those who wrote in the defense of American slavery."
- Why Princeton’s snub of Tim Keller should outrage progressives -- "If you’re a conservative evangelical Christian who feels called to ministry, you’re welcome to attend Princeton Theological Seminary. But you’re not worthy of honor there."
Monday, October 09, 2017
American Values, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.