- Calvinism-Arminianism Spectrum Chart -- "The chart is intended to represent the spectrum, with those doctrines that are least likely to be held by Calvinists at the top, and those least likely to be held by Traditionalists at the bottom, but with incremental steps toward the middle mapped out."
- Can Christians Marry Non-Christians?: A Biblical Theology -- " I recently had a painful conversation with a dear friend who said he’d never planned to get romantically involved with someone."
- Chaffetz to low-income Americans: Buy health care, not iPhones -- "Americans have choices, and they’ve got to make a choice, so maybe rather than getting that new iPhone they just love and spending hundreds of dollars on that they should invest in their own health care."
- Christian Bakers, Gay Weddings and a Question for the Supreme Court -- "Eskridge has been active in gay-rights litigation for twenty-five years...but he also believes that the legitimate rights of religious minorities have been neglected by judges."
- Christians have lost the culture wars. Should they withdraw from the mainstream? -- "... in the coming weeks and months, expect to hear a lot about the Benedict Option. It’s a provocative vision for Christians outlined in a new book by Rod Dreher, who has explored it for the past decade on his lively American Conservative blog."
- College Campus Disgrace -- "While college administrators and professors accept disgraceful behavior, we as taxpayers, donors and parents should not foot the bill."
- Don't repeal the Johnson Amendment, fix it -- "We should limit political activity by churches—but not speech from the pulpit...A far better solution: repeal the Johnson Amendment with respect to things that cost no money, and leave it in place for the things that do."
- Evangelicals need to stop being wimps -- "...evangelicals have confused Christ’s command to love others with being likable, as if that were an attribute of God."
- Judge Awards ‘Tri-Custody’ to Couple and Woman They Had Relationship With -- "A bizarre case in New York culminated into what might be the first such case of a man, woman, and mother of a child being awarded a so-called tri-custody ruling."
- Muslims and Christians Praying Together -- "Christians need to understand that they do not worship the same God as Muslims. Muslims already know this to be a fact."
- Quit Telling Pastors We Have to Stop Pastoring to Have a Successful Church -- "Great churches don't need spiritual enablers or high-achieving CEOs. They need equipping pastors."
- The Book of Hours -- "We are delighted to make available to all this digital version of the Richard III’s Book of Hours, his personal prayer-book."
- The King Who Led with a Towel – Jesus the Servant Leadership Role Model -- "Jesus’ use of the “towel” represented His whole life and leadership."
- The Southern Baptist Convention - Its History, Heritage, and Hinderances by Duane Brown
- The Strong Bulls of Bashan -- "O you men of religion, who would go about to establish your own righteousness, and dare to speak of your duty and obedience, let your mouths be silent and your heads hang in abasement as you look upon HIM who is the RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD."
- Three Reasons to Include a Concise Summary of the Gospel in Every Sermon -- "I’m talking about inserting, somewhere in your sermon...a short explanation of the main truths about who Jesus is and what he has done..."
- 6 Things You Didn't Know about Paul in the Bible -- "Saul’s name was not changed to Paul."
- 5 facts about St. Patrick -- "An aristocratic British teenager is kidnapped by pirates, sold into slavery, escapes and returns home, becomes a priest, returns to his land of captivity and face off against hordes of Druids."
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Calvinism-Arminianism Spectrum Chart, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.