- A Guiding Principle Harming Many Churches and Ministries -- "A clear example of this mistake regarding pragmatism is the fact that many Christians have accepted the false and unbiblical idea that to reach the world with the Gospel, we must use music that conforms to the world’s music."
- American pastors are older, and getting older, than ever -- "...there are now more full-time senior pastors who are over the age 65 than under the age of 40."
- Books & Reading – select quotes -- "Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered."
- How “Belonging before Believing” Redefines the Church -- "“Unbelievers” become “seekers,” rather than non-Christians."
- Ideology and the Corruption of Language -- "Ideology disdains argument; people with principled positions embrace it warmly and engage in it gladly."
- Ministers Sailing under False Colours -- "Upon the plea of spiritual liberty, of late years certain teachers who have abjured the faith of the churches which employ them, have nevertheless endeavored, with more or less success, to retain their offices and their emoluments."
- Obituary - Robert L. Sumner, Evangelist, Author, Editor -- "He served as a balance to much of the contemporary doctrine and practices of today."
- Paedofaith and Presumptive Regeneration -- "I once read about a British politician who was said to have imbibed socialism with her mother’s milk."
- Private Offences by A. W. Chambliss of Alabama -- "What is the duty of the aggrieved?"
- Reflecting On One Very, Very Strange Year At Uber -- "It's a strange, fascinating, and slightly horrifying story that deserves to be told while it is still fresh in my mind, so here we go."
- Religious freedom prompts Baptist professors to oppose Muslim travel ban -- "An organization of Baptist college and seminary professors is on record stating “concern and opposition” to President Trump’s plan to restrict travelers from predominantly Muslim nations from entering the United States."
- Scientific evidence that you probably don’t have free will -- "But not everyone agrees with the conclusions of these findings."
- Supreme Court rules for disabled child and her dog in lawsuit case -- "When the girl was the age of five, a pediatrician prescribed Wonder the Goldendoodle to the girl and her family to help her with daily tasks."
- The Main Point of the Christian Doctrine of Sin: We Are All “Damaged Goods” -- "The biblical-traditional-orthodox doctrine that the whole of creation, including “everyone born” (with the sole exception of Jesus Christ), is “damaged goods” is a linchpin doctrine of the Christian faith because its denial leads inevitably to a denial of the universal need for redemption—“redemptionless Christianity” is an oxymoron."
- When Do You Leave a Church? -- "There are certainly legitimate reasons to leave a church and sadly, it sometimes become necessary or even a duty to find a more biblically faithful body."
Saturday, March 11, 2017
A Guiding Principle, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.