- Always Reforming: The Holy Challenge of Diversity -- "We cannot expect to hold worldviews that are naturally foreign to us because of ethnicity, background, etc. But we can listen to those other worldviews and together deepen our understanding of one another in the love of Christ."
- A Few Polity Questions -- "There can be little doubt, then, that the 1689 polity is a two-office polity..."
- Drop The T From LGBT -- "The current bathroom policy debate illuminates the growing gap between the concerns of the transgender community and of the LGB community."
- Overlooking an Offense -- "We are not required by God to confront a person every time he or she offends us."
- Pray Together with Your Guests -- "When our guests are fellow Christians, praying together ought to be an element of the hospitality God repeatedly commands us to offer."
- Should We Miss Our Church Graveyards? -- "I wonder if we are losing something by outsourcing the care of our dead to the funeral industry."
- Speaking the truth about the “Dragon Lady” and sex-reassignment surgery -- "She also has a forked tongue and a full-face tattoo as part of her transformation into a ‘mythical beast’."
- The F Word: Forgiveness and it’s Imitations -- ""Forgiveness never coddles evil or sweeps it under the rug."
- The Local Church Isn't Going Anywhere -- "Everywhere we click, there’s another op-ed telling us how church has failed, how church leaders have lost touch with their congregants, and how technology and parachurch ministries will finally free us from the physical confines of our gathering places and the dysfunctions of our mismatched families."
- Why Hospitality Beats Entertaining -- "Entertaining involves setting the perfect tablescape after an exhaustive search on Pinterest."
- Why I take my son to feed the homeless twice a month -- "Prior to our initial food pantry visit, my son was mildly interested in gardening. He helps more now, knowing that someone in need counts on us."
- You Were Made to Meditate -- "You will mediate. The question is not whether you will meditate, but on what."
Thursday, April 28, 2016
Always Reforming, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.