- "A Terrible Evil": Edgar Allan Poe Writes About His Wife's Illness and Death -- "During these fits of absolute unconsciousness I drank, God only knows how often or how much."
- Do Our Christian Beliefs Have A Place In Our Public Lives? -- "As Christians, are we supposed to leave our religious beliefs at home, on the chance that we may offend someone who does not belief in God or morality?"
- Hey You Christians: “Judge not”! -- "We are called by God to judge according to his Word, not our own feeble rules."
- How Russell Moore Sacrifices Our Gospel Ethic -- "Instead of standing firm on a foundation of accepted, historic, and civilized ethics, we’ve allowed the actual behavior of culture, or its desired behaviors, to redefine our ethic."
- How Our Church Has Found a Marriage Policy to be Useful -- "A marriage policy sets expectations."
- I Had to Decide Whether to End My Mother's Nursing-Home Affair -- "My sister and I returned to consulting with the staff about more banal matters..."
- It's Little Mystery Why So Many College Students Are Illiterate -- "Nearly 10 percent of the college graduates surveyed thought Judith Sheindlin, TV's "Judge Judy," is a member of the U.S. Supreme Court."
- Keep men out of women's restrooms -- "If being fair and compassionate is the issue, all individuals have a right to feel safe, not just LGBT people."
- Not Just a T-Shirt -- "...as I see it, it’s our responsibility, not yours...Great, I thought, the company was off the hook."
- PayPal Hypocrite, Does Business in Countries Where Homosexual Behavior Is Illegal -- "In response to PayPal’s decision to not open a new center in North Carolina because of the state’s law against men using women’s bathrooms and locker rooms, Rev. Franklin Graham said PayPal is a “hypocrite”..."
- Stanford Activists Want to Expel Faculty for Microaggressions -- "Students who perceive faculty members’ comments as hurtful would, under WTU’s policy, have the right confidentially to report their faculty, and see them punished with suspension or even expulsion."
- Stop! Examine Yourself -- "He urged their personal examination."
- The Five Tenets of Abolition -- "If we love our preborn neighbors as we love ourselves, we will not cease to agitate our culture and assist our neighbors until the blood of the most helpless and innocent members of our society ceases to flow as a river through this land."
- Why does this water tower anger atheists? -- "... a gaggle of perpetually offended atheists, agnostics and free-thinkers from Wisconsin took issue with the deal."
Thursday, April 07, 2016
A terrible evil, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.