- Celebrating The Joyful Noise Of Sacred Harp Singing -- "No one could have predicted that a strange and primitive form of gospel music would become one of the South’s most potent cultural exports."
- FOR OR AGAINST: Style-Based Worship Services -- "Offering a buffet line of worship services is a poor way for churches to accurately reflect the Gospel to their congregation and the onlooking world."
- Let Everybody Sing -- "Anyone could do it, as long as someone’s voice or an instrument could sing out the root note of the key in which the song was written..."
- Professional, Spectacular, Fleshly Music -- "...what we are now complaining about is church-singing that is professional and spectacular, that which is of the flesh, and rendered to please the ear of man."
- Responding to Gathered Worship: With a Life of Worship -- "A right response to worship encompasses our whole being."
- Sacred Harp singing Sunday at Powerhouse -- "The long tradition of “Old Harp” singing in Lafayette County, revived in 1981 by Warren Steel and the late George Boswell, attracts singers from all parts of Mississippi, as well as Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia and other states."
- Sacred Harp Convention to be held at local church -- "Shape Note/Sacred Harp singers from many states and from Canada will once again gather in Warren County for the Annual Missouri State Sacred Harp Convention."
- Sovereign Ruler of the Skies -- ""The hymn begins with doctrine that overflows into devotion."
- The Inspirations' Martin Cook Hospitalized -- "After several tests, doctors determined that Martin's heart is strong but a pacemaker would be of benefit to him."
- Why I Don't Clap for Sacred Music -- "Music in church is not a performance, it’s worship."
Saturday, March 12, 2016
Celebrating the Joyful Noise, and other music/worship links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.