Translate

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Missed Cell Lanius

* Seven Trends in Church Names -- "Newer churches are consistently using descriptors in their names other than denominational affiliation."

* New New Atheism -- "There was a time when atheism was synonymous with Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris and other Horsemen of New Atheism...a new generation of atheists have rejected the battle cries against the devout. This can be seen nowhere more clearly than in the UK. Where a new type of atheism is emerging."

God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge — A Response to Matthew Vines -- "...the real question is whether what Vines claims is true and faithful to the Bible as the Word of God."

* Book review: Heaven Is For Real -- "Embarking on a short tour of the afterlife is all the rage, it seems."

* 3 reasons I'm not a fan of the “I went to heaven” books -- "The more popular varieties of these books have often led many within our congregation to ask whether or not I’ve read these books and what I thought."

“It’s better to want what you don’t have than have what you don’t want!”

There is no ‘natural’ religion; all religion is revealed through prophetic vision.

Tis not that I did choose Thee.
For, Lord, that could not be;
This heart would still refuse Thee,
Hadst Thou not chosen me.

Thou from the sin that stained me
Hast cleansed and set me free;
Of old Thou hast ordained me,
That I should live to Thee.

No comments: