The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.
* Amish family flees U.S to avoid chemotherapy -- "An appeals court ruling in October granted an attorney, who's also a registered nurse, limited guardianship over Sarah and the power to make medical decisions for her. The court said the beliefs and convictions of her parents can't outweigh the rights of the state to protect the child."
* Dems may distance from Obama into 2014 election -- "A month after emerging from a government shutdown at the top of their game, many Democrats in Congress newly worried about the party's re-election prospects are for the first time distancing themselves from President Barack Obama after the disastrous rollout of his health care overhaul."
* Obamacare’s Religious Freedom Question Dumped on Supreme Court -- "While constructed as a sweeping attempt to ensure all Americans have access to the medical services they need without having to pay an unaffordable premium, religious groups have seen the mandated insurance coverage of contraceptives as a threat to religious freedom."
* Police Identify Victims in Fatal Amish Buggy Crash -- "State police say a mother and her daughter died in a fatal collision between a truck and a horse-drawn Amish buggy in northwestern Pennsylvania."
* 'Preferred' pronouns gain traction at US colleges -- "Though still in search of mainstream acceptance, students and staff members who describe themselves in terms such as agender, bigender, third gender or gender-fluid are requesting — and sometimes finding — linguistic recognition."
* U.S. calls on North Korea to release war veteran -- "The United States called on North Korea on Saturday to release an elderly U.S. military veteran held in custody since last month..."
* What Does Your Social Security Number Mean? -- "If there's one number most people have memorized, it's their Social Security number. But most Americans don't know the hidden secrets behind those nine digits."
* Will New Court Ruling Raise Sriracha's Price? -- "The latest court ruling in the rooster sauce rumble has Sriracha fans squawking on Twitter."