Translate

Saturday, June 29, 2013

7 political quotes that are slightly cynical

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn (sometimes attributed to Groucho Marx)

"I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat." -- Will Rogers

"Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." -- Mark Twain

"In politics, stupidity is not a handicap." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." -- William S. Burroughs

"Vote: the instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a fool of himself and a wreck of his country." -- Ambrose Bierce

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." -- Ronald Reagan

And one more, just for fun...

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?" -- Abraham Lincoln


No comments: