Translate

Monday, March 29, 2021

When good and evil sit down, and other quotes

The posting of quotes by human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources. (I try to confirm the sources that I give, but may miss on occasion; please verify if possible.)

“When good and evil sit down to work out a compromise, it’s always good which does the compromising.” -- Robert McKay (maybe original, or maybe paraphrasing Ayn Rand, below)

“In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.” -- Ayn Rand, in Atlas Shrugged

“Faith is not contrary to reason; it is beyond reason.” -- Adrian Rogers (and probably others; I have also seen “Faith is beyond reason but it is not contrary to it.”)

“I’ve done made a deal with the devil. He said he’s going to give me an air-conditioned place when I go down there, if I go there, so I won’t put all the fires in hell out.” -- Red Adair, famous oil-well firefighter

“Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical.” -- Blaise Pascal

“The bridge of the cross spanned the chasm of sin.”

“In rejecting our Christian roots we will end up rejecting our Christian fruits.” -- David Robertson

“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.” -- C. S. Lewis

No comments: