- The Particular Baptist Library -- "Featuring the first generation of Particular Baptist writers and their works (1633-1677), who issued, explained and defended the First London Confessions of Faith, editions 1644, 1646, 1651, 1652 and 1653 (from Lieth); against Anglicans, Congregationalist, General Baptist, Papist, Presbyterians, Puritans, Quakers and Seekers."
- Can Ilhan Omar Overcome Her Prejudice? -- "The real question is what, if anything, can be done to check the advance of the mass movement that is Muslim anti-Semitism."
- Doctor Sues U.K. Govt. for Forcing Him to Use “Transgender” Pronouns -- "A doctor in the United Kingdom claims he was discriminated against by the country’s Department for Work and Pensions after being fired for his belief that gender is determined at birth and his refusal to respect the chosen pronouns of others."
- Does God Have “Emotions”? -- "Trying to answer a badly-worded question often leads to an inferior answer. Loaded questions implicate those who even attempt to answer them."
- Four Christians Executed in Burkina Faso For Wearing Crosses -- "The deaths of David Zoungrana, his younger brother Philippe, Theophile Ouedraogo and Ernest Kassoaga were meant to emphasize a message the militants delivered to the villagers: convert to Islam or risk execution."
- Lloyds Bank Coprolite -- "An incredibly well-preserved piece of ninth-century Viking poop." (Science and history, not satire or crude humor)
- ‘Manholes’ to ‘Maintenance holes’: California city bans gender-specific words in code -- "Berkeley, California, has adopted an ordinance to replace some terms with gender-neutral words in the city code."
- The Equality Act: A Clear and Present Danger -- "The so-called Equality Act is a radical threat to America’s bedrock constitutional freedoms of religion and speech."
- The Story of Ἀρσενοκοίτης according to BDAG -- "If you love God as he truly is and your neighbors as they truly are before God, you won’t rejoice in the sin that is harming those neighbors."
- USA Soccer: Tolerance For Me, But Not For Thee -- "If they were being intellectually honest, the LGBT movement would move away from outrage and exclusion and choose to protect true tolerance and rights of expression."
- Why a Tree and Not a Cross? -- "To speak of the tree recalled the curse of death for breaking God’s Law, and all deserve this curse because everyone has broken God’s Law. But Christ did not sin and did not deserve the tree."
- Why Can’t America Fill a Pothole? -- "Prager University has published a new YouTube video on why the USA infrastructure is 2nd class."
- 7 Well-Meaning Objections to Church Discipline — And How Pastors Ought to Respond to Them -- "Over the years we’ve encountered dozens of people in churches who have opposed the concept of discipline—grimacing, scowling, or bristling at the bare mention of the word."
Monday, July 22, 2019
The Particular Baptist Library, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.