Translate

Friday, March 08, 2019

Men are a race curious, and other quotes

The posting of quotes by human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources. (I try to confirm the sources that I give, but may miss on occasion; please verify when possible.)

"Men are a race curious to know of other men’s lives, but slothful to correct their own. Why should they wish to hear from me what I am, when they do not wish to hear from You what they are themselves." -- Augustine

"I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind." -- Usually attributed to Edgar Allen Poe, but this attribution is uncertain

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." -- Often attributed to Edgar Allen Poe, but of more recent origin - not by POE

"A throne is only a bench covered with velvet." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"Art is science made clear." - Wilson Mizne

"Just because everything is different doesn’t mean anything has changed." -- Irene Peter

"All children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God." -- Donald J. Trump

"If you don’t tell the truth in love it’s not the whole truth." -- Heard

"I am struck by how difficult it is to find correction without respect and love prescribed in the New Testament and with how difficult it is to find correction with respect and love in real life." -- Bart Barber

"If you look at the world, you’ll be distressed. If you look within, you’ll be depressed. But if you look at Christ, you’ll be at rest." -- Usually credited to Corrie ten Boom

"The ark was sufficient for that which it was efficient." -- Tim Naab

"We may not realize what it means for God to be our strength until we’re weak enough that He’s our only option." -- Jon Bloom

No comments: