- AOC’s “Green New Deal” Spends Us Back to the Stone Age -- "Next week, we plan to release a resolution that outlines the scope and scale of the Green New Deal."
- An Unreported Component of the Sexual Abuse Problem -- "My lifetime has witnessed within American business the emergence of the HR Department...dogma...that you never give negative details about a past employee’s time at your company..."
- Arkansas grocery store sparks controversy with 'Heaven has a wall' ad mailers -- "Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy, the Mac’s Cashsaver mailer reads. Hell has open borders. Let that sink in."
- BREAKING: Court Documents Reveal Special Counsel’s Office Illegally Leaked Stone Indictment To CNN -- "A court filing from Roger Stone’s attorneys documents how CNN was in possession of a sealed indictment long before the court ordered it to be released."
- House Democratic Leaders Condemn Muslim Lawmaker's Remarks About Israel -- "We are and will always be strong supporters of Israel in Congress because we understand that our support is based on shared values and strategic interests."
- Killer Party: Dems Stand Alone on Infanticide -- "The moment Senator Patty Murray (D-Wash.) rose to her feet and objected to protecting the survivors of abortion will be a defining one for Democrats."
- Students complain Samford told women to bind breasts for Step Sing dance -- "Two performance groups of all women were told their breasts were moving too much, told to wrap them in Ace bandages or wear double or triple bras."
- The Problem of War by Herman Bavinck -- " In every war, even the most just, many things take place which both Christianity and humanity very strongly condemn. Yet neither the Scriptures nor history give sufficient grounds to censure every war unconditionally."
- The Soft and Hard Intimidation of the Church – A revealing 24 Hours -- "It’s been an intense but revealing 24 hours. I have learned to an even greater extent just how deep the rot is in the contemporary church, and just how easy it is for us to be intimidated and bullied into silence."
- Together for the Go$pel -- "Amid backlash, evangelical leaders are finally acknowledging sexual abuse — but not a high-profile preacher allegedly facilitating it. Why?"
- Transgenders, 4 Studies Say It’s Mental Disorders -- "Everywhere we see the constant rhetoric about gender change success and yet not one sound media report that acknowledges 30% of transgenders commit suicide because of untreated mental illness."
- What Is a Historical Baptist? -- "...they view the church as a local and visible institution consisting of regenerated believers in Christ who have been Scripturally baptized."
- When It Rains in Oregon, the State Owns the Raindrops -- "The state graciously allows you to collect water that runs off your roof directly into a rain barrel, but ‘if that water touches the ground, it is the property of the state of Oregon, and you cannot collect it without a permit’."
- Why You Should Read Bavinck -- "One of the most memorable instances comes when Bavinck quite clearly, but gently, accuses Jonathan Edwards of inadvertently giving aid to the Pelagian revisionists in his own theological controversies."
- You’re So Depraved, You Probably Think This Church Is About You: How Total Depravity Upends Attractionalism -- "This depravity is “total” not insofar as we are as bad as we can be, but insofar as our badness is all-encompassing."
Thursday, February 14, 2019
AOC’s “Green New Deal,” and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.