Translate

Friday, March 09, 2018

Things I think I thought of

…but maybe not. (Most probably have antecedents in something I read or heard.)

Jesus is “the sinner’s prayer.” Without Him, you don’t have a prayer!

You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its savor, it will be the bland leading the bland!

There is a great deal of nominal Christianity in the United States. Evangelicals were unable to obtain a patent.

He with a heart full of love is richer than he with a hand full of gold.

We must deal with things the way they are – but don’t leave things the way they are without trying to get them to where they ought to be.

Of all the dogs we love the best, are those who wag the more and growl the less.

Based on a true story (the Hollywood definition) – There is a true story. We didn’t tell it.

It is well that God can speak through an ass, else he would have little use for many preachers.

He who is not educated in the Bible is not educated.

When I can no longer sing Sacred Harp, I hope to listen. When I can no longer hear, I want to see it. When I can no longer sing, hear, or see, please wheel me in and prop me up against some old singer so I can feel it.

I have a mind like a steel trap – rusty and hard to open!

On soured milk I have been raised,
I’ve drank some bitter gall.
My face shows I’m a grouchy saint –
If I’m a saint at all.

No comments: