- A Righteousness Not My Own -- "Let’s reject the idea that we can obtain our own righteousness because of who we are, or what we can do."
- A Word from a Founder to All My “Moderate Baptist” Friends -- "I am a conservative among the moderates in the CBF and urge those moderate Baptists who are really liberal, in the historical sense, to drop the label moderate and just call themselves liberals."
- All bets are off at the Supreme Court -- "What a week at the Supreme Court. There was something for all us sinners — gamblers, abstainers, gays, straights, and church-goers alike."
- Christmas Series: Should You Display a Nativity Set this Christmas? Part I -- "Aren’t nativity sets relatively harmless...aside from presenting a false historical narrative, aren’t they the sweetest little things you’ve ever seen?"
- Christmas Series: Are Nativity Sets Biblical II? The Opinion of Eusebius -- "...coming from a land flush with idols would make any Christian think twice about crafting graven images of God, whether or not they were intended to be worshiped."
- Fill Believers, Not Buildings: Why Success in Ministry Isn’t a Numbers Game -- "The measure of a pulpit ministry isn’t its width, but its depth."
- France wrestles with the line between seduction, harassment -- "...the country synonymous with love has been stumbling as it addresses the issue of sexual harassment and violence against women."
- How the Lord’s Supper Makes a Local Church -- "The Lord’s Supper is how Christians come together, commit to each other, and cross the line from ‘many’ to ‘one’."
- Pastor, Aim to Preach Simple Sermons -- "...simple preaching best serves others by communicating the point of the passage in a clear and Christ-centered way."
- This Man Was No Moderate: The Legacy of Cecil Sherman -- "Looking back, I learned a great deal from Cecil Sherman...Had Dr. Sherman equivocated or played verbal games, I might not have seen the issues co clearly."
- U.S. high court turns away dispute over gay worker protections -- "The justices left in place a lower court ruling against Jameka Evans, who had argued that workplace sexual orientation discrimination violates Title VII of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964."
- What’s a Baptist to do with Tradition? -- "When my Baptist friends use the word “tradition” in the context of a discussion about the church, many of them use the term incorrectly."
- Why a Gay-Themed Wedding Cake (and What the Supreme Court Says About It) Matters to Your Business -- "If this is viewed through the lens of a core First Amendment case, that bodes very well for Jack Phillips."
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
All bets are off, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.