- An Ecclesiastical History, Ancient and Modern, Volume III -- Johann Lorenz Mosheim, translated by Archibald Maclaine
- Historic background and annals of the Swiss and German pioneer settlers of southeastern Pennsylvania, and of their remote ancestors, from the middle of the dark ages, down to the time of the revolutionary war -- "In 1315 a Waldensean teacher called Lolhard at his trial in Austria said he could find 80,000 persons who believed in his religion."
- Martyrs Mirror of the Defenseless Christians -- "Martyrs Mirror, the classic 1660 Dutch religious history, memorializes the godly lives and glorious deaths of thousands of early Christians, especially European Anabaptist martyrs between 1524 and 1660."
- Singleness in Modern Culture -- "The pastor is preaching marriage to the skies, while seemingly forgetting that roughly 30% of his congregation is, in point of fact, unmarried."
- The Twelve Conclusions of the Lollards -- "The text that follows is literally translated from the Middle English, at the cost of some archaisms and obscurities, a few of which are explained in italicized glosses."
Saturday, August 05, 2017
Lollards and such
Haphazard historical habitats I've hit upon: