- America’s point-man on religious liberty is contentious -- "Why Sam Brownback divides religion-watchers."
- Archaeology team uncovers new evidence of ancient Christianity in Kazakhstan -- "The new discoveries provide context for the previously discovered stones and identify an associated Christian community."
- Ben Shapiro: Why The Left Protects Islam -- "Why does the left seek to support radical Islam so ardently? Because the left believes that the quickest way to destroy Western civilization is no longer class warfare but multicultural warfare: Simply ally with groups that hate the prevailing system and work with them to take it down."
- GOP bill would ease enforcement against political activity by churches -- "House Republicans added a provision to a spending bill that would bar funds for the IRS to enforce the law prohibiting churches and other nonprofits from endorsing political candidates."
- How Embedding Women With Contraception May Keep Them In Poverty -- "...if that which is holding back poor young women is unplanned pregnancy, and poor young men aren’t subject to the same constraints, then they ought to be miles ahead of their sisters and girlfriends. But they’re not..."
- Pulling down Confederate statues does nothing to change society -- "The whole enterprise of taking down statuary to appease the ideological passions of a talkative handful is silly...This business of digging up the dead and exhibiting their shortcomings has no predictable end."
- Selfies and Divorce in the Digital Age-- "Divorce is one of the ugliest words in the English language. Its specter haunts countless marriages."
- That Ye May Marvel, or, The Significance of Bible Numbers-- "It is nowhere stated in so many words that THREE stands for the resurrection, FOUR for the first creation, FIVE for grace, EIGHT for the new birth."
- The Meaning of "KOSMOS" in John 3:16-- "The word "kosmos," and its English equivalent "world," is not used with a uniform significance in the New Testament. Very far from it. It is used in quite a number of different ways."
- Three Fundamentalists I Have Known -- "Why these three? It was through reading both about these men and what they wrote that I became a fundamentalist."
- Three Reasons God is a Cessationist -- "6000 years at least of world history and only 200 years where people could do miracles?"
- Too Good Not to Share-- "The Gospel of Jesus is too good not to share."
- What Makes a Baptist Church an Independent Baptist Church?-- "Some believe that all Baptist churches are the same and believe and practice the same thing."
- Why Christians Are Abandoning the Orphanage -- "A new focus on the family is changing how Christians care for abandoned and neglected children."
- Your atheism isn't going to keep your kids from believing in God -- "...in any case, the data does suggest that religion has a somewhat easier time transmitting across generations than irreligion does."
Thursday, August 03, 2017
America’s point-man, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.