- A Chick-fil-A owner shocked his employees in the best way after shutting down for renovations -- "A Chick-fil-A owner recently had to shut down his Austin, Texas, restaurant for five months for renovations."
- An Unintended Consequence of Wal-Mart Pay Raise: Unhappy Workers -- "...Wal-Mart employees are calling the move unfair to senior workers who got no increase and now make the same or close to what newer, less experienced colleagues earn."
- Ben Carson responds to Hillary Clinton on abortion -- "I spent my entire career as a pediatric neurosurgeon, frequently staying up all night, fighting, struggling to save the life of little babies, even operating on babies inside the womb. So I don't think it should be hard for anyone to understand that I am totally opposed to killing babies."
- Everybody Has A Tattoo, But Nobody Talks About The Side Effects -- "...long term risks, like organ toxicity or cancer, are still unknown..."
- Hey Christians, Say Goodbye To Religious Freedom -- "Today, the state is inclined to substantially burden a Christian by the mere fact that someone’s feelings are hurt."
- How Much Does America Love Ice Cream? Yahoo Food Has the Scoop. -- "When asked to choose a favorite desert, ice cream is the obvious winner and is twice as popular as its closest competitor, cake."
- Hymn Lining: a Disappearing African-American Tradition -- "... meet Troy Demps, 86, who is trying to preserve the haunting art of "hymn-lining"."
- Middle Tennessee Sacred Harp Singers -- "Under the direction of Mrs. Neil Wright, the MTSC Sacred Harp Singers give splendid performances in early English Madrigals, Sacred Harp Hymns and white spirituals, and Southern folks songs and ballads."
- Was Jesus the Son of God? It's Complicated -- ...in my experience, most often, the question is "Do you believe that Jesus was the Son of God." In good Socratic fashion one is tempted to reply, "Well what do you mean by the term 'Son of God,'" and such a counter question is certainly more than subterfuge.
Friday, August 14, 2015
Unintended consequences, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.