Translate

Monday, August 17, 2015

Time, and other quotes

The posting of quotes by human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources.

"Time is that quality of nature which keeps events from happening all at once. Lately it doesn't seem to be working." -- Anonymous

"History has always been a series of pendulum swings, but the individual doesn’t have to get caught in that." -- Robert Johnson

"Every person you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them." -- H. Jackson Brown

"Although I am a sinner, yet I despair not; for Christ, who is my Redeemer and my righteousness, liveth. In Him I have no sin, no fear, no sting of conscience, and no fear of judgment; for in Him there is no condemnation. I am indeed a sinner as touching this present life; but I have a righteousness of God which is above this life, who is Christ my Lord. In Him I rejoice!" -- Martin Luther

"Works of art make rules; rules do not make works of art." -- Claude Debussy

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul." -- Johann Sebastian Bach

"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." -- Johann Sebastian Bach

"When you hold a grudge, you want someone else’s sorrow to reflect your level of hurt but the two rarely meet." -- Steve Maraboli

"If a window of opportunity appears, don't pull down the shade." -- Tom Peters

No comments: