Translate

Thursday, September 19, 2013

More links

The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.

* A new Utah polygamous family on reality TV  "Brady Williams has five wives, 24 children but no organized religion."
* Don’t Store Your Treasures in Holey Buckets "I can remember when Augustine was born, but not where I put my keys. I know my wife’s birthday, her social security number, and the phone number she had when we were in high school, but for the life of me I can’t remember what she wants for Christmas..."
*  Michael Haykin on Biblical Meditation "In the circles in which I run, many evangelicals are nervous about meditation, mostly because they equate meditation with anti- or sub-Christian practices."
* Trapped: The Church Vocation Issue We Don't Talk About "It’s one thing to keep your job as a realtor for a few years while you figure out what your next move will be. It’s another thing to keep preaching the Word of God on Sunday mornings when you don’t want to be there anymore."
* What’s the Deal with the “T” in LGBT? Those advocating transgender rights...argue that self-perception is sacred and must never be challenged, either by Christian theology or physical realities.
* Why is Rehabilitating Christians OK? "...it is okay for Oregon’s Bureau of Labor and Industries to seek a sort of conversion therapy if you are Christian business owners who seek to life and work by your Christian convictions."

No comments: