Some of it is with two congress folk from Texas. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) and House appropriator Ciro Rodriguez (D-Texas) earmarked $693,000 for beef improvement research in Missouri and Texas.
This information comes from Citizens Against Government Waste, who released its latest edition of the "Pig Book" on Wednesday the 14th. This book is an annual highlighting of various pork-barrel projects (government excess and waste) in the federal budget. Check out the 2010 Pig Book Summary.
Most of the items in the Congressional Pig Book satisfy at least two of group’s seven criteria:
• Requested by only one chamber of Congress;
• Not specifically authorized;
• Not competitively awarded;
• Not requested by the President;
• Greatly exceeds the President’s budget request or the previous year’s funding;
• Not the subject of congressional hearings; or
• Serves only a local or special interest.