Translate

Friday, August 03, 2007

Learning by degrees

"Ministers ought not to expect all other ministers to reach the same degree of revelation at the same time. All must grow according to the measure of Christ as it pleases Him. It ought not to be an occasion of disputation." -- Stanley C. Phillips, from One Body, New Spirit by Grady Dearman

Note: ministers were the context, but I think the same could be said of God's believing children in general. Also in context was the discussion of one minister coming to an understanding that another had known for a long time. This would not apply to unbelieving denial of the Bible and rejection of its fundamental truths.

2 comments:

Writer said...

Yeah, I wish all the rest of you ministers would catch up with me. :)

Les

R. L. Vaughn said...

Les, I'm peddling as fast as I can!