Translate

Monday, February 19, 2007

Our Sufficiency

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God." - 2 Corinthians 3:5

HE is our SUFFICIENCY in the court of heaven. “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.” (Rom 5:9-10)

HE is our SUFFICIENCY in the court of our accusers. “Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.” (Rom 8:33-34)

HE is our SUFFICIENCY in the court of man’s opinion. “As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” (Rom 8:36-37)

HE is our SUFFICIENCY in any ministry to which we are called. “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” (2Cor 4:7)

HE is our SUFFICIENCY in faith. “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2:20)

HE is our SUFFICIENCY in sanctification. “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.” (1Co 1:30)

HE is our SUFFICIENCY in assurance. “I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.” (2Tim 1:12)

HE is our SUFFICIENCY in life and death. “For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.” (Rom 14:7-8)

by Mark McInnis, excerpt from
Grace Gazette, Volume V, Issue 6

1 comment:

Rev. said...

Amen!