Translate

Tuesday, July 04, 2023

160 Years of Rumbles on Bible Revision

Awhile back I began to put together a file to help keep up with and find again online materials related to opposition of revising the King James Bible. The research and file have expanded to include a few other things, that I thought worth formatting and sharing with others. I settled on a time frame of 19th century to “mid”-20th century. This began as an effort for my own benefit, because I have trouble keeping up with things that I have found. I decided it might be useful to others also. 

So, I cleaned up the file, did some formatting, created an index, and am posting it here. The material is divided into three sections. The first begins in the 19th century (1801) until the 1870 Convocation vote to revise the King James Bible. The second begins in 1870 until the appearance of the Revised Standard Version New Testament in 1946. The third is from 1946 to 1961. There ends the review.

The file is “Rumbles on Revision” and may be viewed by selecting the following link:

Rumbles on Revision: A Resource on the Rejection of, Objections To, or Uncertainty Toward Revising our Common English Bible, the Authorized or King James Version – Spanning 160 Years, 1801-1961

Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks.

No comments: