Translate

Friday, December 11, 2020

Sad Statement by Darwin

“Believing as I do that man in the distant future will be a far more perfect creature than he is now, it is an intolerable thought that he and all other sentient beings are doomed to complete annihilation after such long-continued progress. To those who fully admit the immortality of the human soul, the destruction of our world will not appear so dreadful.”
I do not have much to say about this. I read this and thought, how sad! As a humanist and naturalist, Darwin believed the sun would eventually grow too cold to sustain life on the earth, and that mankind would be annihilated. He was proud of man’s progress and found the loss of it intolerable. He seems that he wished he could believe at least in the immortality of the soul.

The Son of God and Saviour of mankind said:
I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: (John 11:25).

No comments: