- Breaking Faith -- "The culture war over religious morality has faded; in its place is something much worse."
- Christians, If We Hate Hollywood So Much Maybe We Should Actually Stop Watching Its Filth -- "Hollywood is a cesspool of filth and stupidity…Last night, the industry…also handed an award to “Call Me By Your Name,” a romance about a grown man and a teenage boy."
- Divine Order in a Chaotic Age: On Women Preaching -- "Our culture today does not embrace divine order in either scriptural form or natural form. Our culture is anti-order."
- Genesis: Bible authors believed it to be history -- "In chapter 3 of his Gospel, Luke traces Jesus’ lineage from Mary all the way back up to Adam. There is not the slightest hint of a break showing where historical characters end and mythical figures begin…"
- Genesis: Real, Reliable, Historical -- "This downgrading of the early chapters of Genesis has coincided with the rise of uniformitarian philosophy as the cornerstone of modern geology and of evolution as the core of modern biology."
- How Oxford and Peter Singer drove me from atheism to Jesus -- "Christianity, it turned out, looked nothing like the caricature I once held."
- How Should We Interpret the Bible, Part 1: Principles for Understanding God’s Word -- "In this postmodern age, bizarre interpretations are accepted because people believe they have the right to decide for themselves what a passage means."
- How Should We Interpret the Bible, Part 2: Is Genesis 1–11 Historical Narrative? -- "...the New Testament treats Genesis 1–11 as historical narrative. At least 25 New Testament passages refer directly to the early chapters of Genesis, and they are always treated as real history."
- Is Genesis 1–11 Actual History? -- "The early chapters of Genesis contradict ancient history as portrayed in public schools, television, and movies."
- Statistical Determination of Genre in Biblical Hebrew: Evidence for an Historical Reading of Genesis 1:1–2:3 -- "Is Genesis 1:1–2:3 an historical narrative (with the plain sense of its words corresponding to reality and the sequence of events portrayed correlating with real time) or an extended poetic metaphor?"
- The Intellectual Origins of the 1644 London Baptist Confession -- "According to Glen Stassen, the Particular Baptist framers of the 1644 Confession are indebted to Anabaptist theologian Menno Simons…"
- The LGBT Lobby Has Been Trying To Exact Revenge On A Chicken Restaurant For Seven Years. This Is Not Normal. -- "I have often said that the LGBT lobby is the biggest bully in America. This is why. It is not just that their activists are aggressive, and often underhanded and deceitful — like when they seek out Christian business owners to entrap and sue — but that they are so unbelievably petty and vengeful."
- The One Big Problem with “Science Vs. The Bible” Thinking -- "Certain statements made in the Bible about “first things” preclude the possibility of biological evolution–at least if the Bible is structured with the intent to communicate clearly to those who read it."
- Why Should Genesis 1 be considered History? -- "Even in the Old Testament, the prophet Isaiah provides more than sufficient evidence that the theology and history of Genesis are inseparably joined."
- Wild raccoon moves into German zoo - and keepers can't kick him out -- "Keepers, who have nicknamed him Fred, have seen him getting along with the seven other raccoons in residence, the publication reported."
Monday, May 13, 2019
History in Genesis, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.