- A Good Commentary Format -- "I have two unique commentaries in my library, The Gospel of Luke, Expository and Homiletical by W. H. Van Doren and Studies in Romans by Thomas Robinson. What makes these commentaries unique is their format."
- Book Review: Church Order in the New Testament, by Eduard Schweizer -- "The truth is that the book isn’t really about the steps and procedures necessary for healthy church government, and he only references those things as a means unto an end."
- Book Review: Delighting in the Trinity -- " It is theologically sound and profound and yet thoroughly practical."
- Book Review: Seven Leaders, by Iain Murray -- "Seven Leaders is unique insofar as it demonstrates church leadership through seven brief biographical sketches of seven different pastors, the majority of whom will be unfamiliar to most readers."
- Is Gospel Amnesia Creating a Third Great Schism? -- "Historically, schisms have been rather public, bloody things."
- The Five Solas: An Interview with Matthew Barrett -- "So, the goal of The Five Solas series is to help Christians understand the historical and biblical context of the five solas and how to live out the relevance of Reformation theology today....All five books (and solas) fit together and are inseparable from one another."
Friday, November 17, 2017
A Good Commentary Format, and other reviews
The posting of book reviews are a matter of interest and does not constitute endorsement of the books reviewed or book reviews that are linked.