- Alas, Marrying Oneself is Now A Thing…Really -- "Admittedly, there are still only a handful of women in this lunatic fringe, but it includes writers, artists and life coaches who attract media attention."
- FBC Jacksonville settles defamation lawsuit -- "First Baptist Church of Jacksonville Pastor Mac Brunson apologized at the close of the April 1 morning worship service for once labeling former longtime church member Tom Rich “obsessive compulsive” and a “sociopath,”"
- Five items Congress deleted from Madison’s original Bill of Rights -- "When James Madison spoke to the First Congress he proposed a series of nearly 20 amendments as a Bill of Rights..."
- Georgia police officer sues city after being fired for flying Confederate flag -- "A Georgia police sergeant who was fired for flying the Confederate flag at her home filed a lawsuit claiming her right to freedom of speech was violated."
- Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's license photo -- "Maine resident Phelan Moonsong said that unless he's sleeping or bathing, he always wears his goat horns, which serve as his spiritual antennae..."
- Narcissism in Ministry -- "The person cannot receive criticism of any kind, no matter how gently phrased."
- National Geographic makes history with cover of 9-year-old transgender boy/girl -- "While the issue focuses on gender around the world, following 80 9-year-olds in eight different countries, the editors chose to place Avery on the cover, knowing that the choice could spark controversy among readers."
- The rap battle Alexander Hamilton didn’t win: The Bill of Rights at 225 -- "Hamilton’s theoretical reassurances, however, would not be enough for Jefferson."
- Why conservative churches grow and liberal churches shrink -- "Across the English-speaking world the numerical decline of mainline Protestantism is accelerating...Collectively, membership in these denominations decreases by about 1 million a year, resulting in hundreds of church closures annually."
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Marrying Oneself is Now A Thing, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.