- Charles Dutton Mallary -- "He loved to preach Christ crucified as the only foundation of a sinner’s hope, and to exhibit a sovereign God, working all things after the counsel of his own will. These high themes he discussed with a clear head and a warm heart..."
- Charlie Davis Tillman -- "The youngest son of Baptist preacher James Lafayette Tillman and Mary (Davis) Tillman...best-known tune is 'Life's Railway to Heaven'."
- Dialogue on the Traditional Statement -- "I was asked to speak on the “Statement of the Traditional Southern Baptist Understanding of God’s Plan of Salvation” that was issued three years ago by some Southern Baptists who are alarmed over the spread of the doctrines of grace throughout the SBC."
- Harmony Grove Methodist Episcopal (South) -- "The first Sunday school at this church was organized in 1866 by Williamson W. Parks, deceased."
- Hillary: 'Religious Beliefs' Must Change For Sake Of Abortion -- "...Hillary admits here — albeit unwittingly — the at-will destruction of the unborn goes against religious beliefs, long-held cultural values, and the structural “biases” that exist to recognize the value of human life."
- Navy Chaplain Censored: ‘Don’t pray in the name of Jesus’ -- "Just a few months earlier, Modder’s commander had called him the 'best of the best' and a consummate professional leader.” But now he’s on the verge of being kicked out of the military."
- OBU Association of Sacred Harp Singers -- "The sing was attended by NAfME members, music faculty and their families, and members of the OKC/Shawnee community."
- The Gateway to Oklahoma History -- "The Gateway is an online repository of Oklahoma history. You may browse through hundreds of thousands of newspaper pages dating from the 1840s to the 1920s."
- What is the “Unpardonable Sin?” -- "A young man came to my office and expressed his concern that he had committed the 'unpardonable sin' and there was nothing he could do to be saved from eternal condemnation and judgment."
- 10 fascinating facts about President Ulysses Grant -- "Grant tried to annex the Dominican Republic to the U.S."
- 5 Facts About Thomas Jefferson's Faith -- "Although Jefferson was reluctant to talk about his personal beliefs in public, his private letters reveal that he was a deeply spiritual man who spent a considerable amount of time thinking about God.
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Navy Chaplain censored, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.