Translate

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Firm Foundation

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; 
for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; 
yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 
Isaiah 41:10

Fear not; I am with thee; O be not dismayed;
I, I am thy God, and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.
The Sacred Harp, p. 72 (stanza 3)

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; 
and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: 
when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; 
neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
Isaiah 43:2

When thru the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of woe shall not thee overflow;
For I will be with thee thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.
The Sacred Harp, p. 72 (stanza 4)

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie,
My grace, all-sufficient, shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design

Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine.

And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: 
I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4

E’en down to old age all My people shall prove
My sovereign, eternal, unchangeable love;
And when hoary hairs shall their temples adorn,
Like lambs they shall still in My bosom be borne.

No comments: