Translate

Friday, March 29, 2013

Quoting randomly

"As an exegete I am bound by what the Scripture actually says, not by what I wish it might say." -- Randy Jaeggli

"No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good." -- C. S. Lewis

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." -- C. S. Lewis

"Burying your talent is a grave mistake." -- Mahl Baptist church sign

It is not we who can sustain the Church, nor was it our forefathers, nor will it be our descendants. It was and is and will be the One who says: 'I am with you always, even unto the end of the world'.” -- Martin Luther (As cited by Karl Barth in Church Dogmatics)

"We are all terminal." -- Valerie Harper

* An exegete is a textual interpreter, usually in reference to the Christian Scriptures

No comments: