Translate

Sunday, December 09, 2012

The Gospel Trumpet

Hark! How the Gospel trumpet sounds!
Christ and free grace therein abounds;
Free grace to such as sinners be:
And if free grace,--why not for me?

The Savior died, and by His blood
Brought rebel sinners near to God;
He died to set the captives free:
And why, my soul, why not for thee?

The blood of Christ, how sweet it sounds,
To cleanse and heal the sinner’s wounds!
The streams thereof are rich and free:
And why, my soul, why not for me?

Thus Jesus came the poor to bless,
To clothe them with His righteousness;
That robe is spotless, full and free;
And why, my soul, why not for thee?

Eternal life by Christ is giv'n,
And sinful men are raised to heav'n;
Then sing of grace so rich and free,
And say, my soul, why not for thee?

By Charles Cole

No comments: