Translate

Friday, March 20, 2009

My Rock

Do rocks defend me from blasts, from whatever quarter they blow? So does my Rock! Is the blast from hell? Well, He has the keys of hell and of death! Is it from sin? He is my righteousness! Is it from Satan? He has conquered principalities and powers! Is it from afflictions? He is my sympathizing and loving High Priest! Is it from losses? He is my exceeding great reward! Is it from crosses? He makes all things work together for good to His people! Is it from anguish? He is my joy! Is it from darkness? He is my Sun! Is it from doubts? He is my Counselor! Is it from deadness? He is my life! Is it from enemies? He is my shield! Is it from temptation? He is my deliverer! Is it from false friends? He will never leave me, nor forsake me! Is it from solitude or banishment? He is everywhere present! Is it from disease? He is my healer! Is it from death? He is the resurrection and the life! O glorious refuge! O sure defense! O everlasting fortress! Here do I defy the worst that earth and hell can do! -- Selected (Copied from Shreveport Grace Church Bulletin - March 28,2009)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen! He is also the chief cornerston of that first church and perpetuates as the head of each church.