Translate

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What others say

Augustus M. Toplady: "In the supernatural agency of grace on the heart, compulsion is quite excluded, be that agency ever so effectual; since the more effectually it is supposed to operate, the more certainly it must engage 'the preference of the mind'."

"The beggar incurs no merit when he opens his hands to receive a free gift." -- Ken Keathley in Salvation and the Sovereignty of God: the Great Commission as the Expression of the Divine Will

"I, for one, am fed up with this baloney, because what we are actually faced with is not the 'lesser of two evils' but 'the evil of two lessers'." -- Chuck Baldwin on voting

"No theological tradition has cornered the market on arrogance. I have been accused of it (sometimes, I fear, with very good reason). Yet there seems to be – though I’m sure that what I say here is highly fallible – an amazing quantity of it among the New Calvinists." -- Thomas McCall

No comments: