Translate

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Barack

"I confess that if all that I knew of Reverend Wright were the snippets of those sermons that have run in an endless loop on the television and YouTube, or if Trinity United Church of Christ conformed to the caricatures being peddled by some commentators, there is no doubt that I would react in much the same way," he said. "But the truth is, that isn't all that I know of the man." -- From this link

Barack Obama unsparingly criticized his longtime pastor's words while strongly defending the man himself...

But now?

1 comment:

clinch64 said...

This is a clear example of the fact that we no longer live in a land of absolutes, moral or otherwise.

I am reminded of the comment a famous broadcaster made during Bill Clinton's scandal days. He said," I believe a person can lie and basically still be an honest person." ???

Neil