Translate

Monday, April 21, 2008

Predestination

Quote: "We deny that the words predestinate, predestinated, or predestination refer to things or events. We affirm that the context of the scripture shows that these words refer to people -- to the elect (not the non-elect) -- and specifically, to the destiny of the elect of God, here and hereafter, not what they do, or what they determine before hand to do. We deny that the words 'predestinate or predestinated' are synonymous with the words or phrases 'ordain, foreordain, determine, predeterminate counsel,' etc."

I copied these words from some source a good while back. I must apologize that I failed to note the source (and now I don't remember). Nevertheless, I wonder what you readers think of this quote. My opinion is that it is incorrect.

3 comments:

clinch64 said...

I would tend to believe that predestination would include all of those things the writer claims it does not represent.

Stephen Garrett said...

Dear Brother Vaughn:

I think many scriptures plainly answer this question. It is hard to accept what the bible says about it but not hard to understand what it says.

God "works ALL THINGS after the counsel of his own will." (Eph. 1: 11)

Stop by and visit my two blogs.

Stephenmgarrett.blogspot.com ("My Daily Bread")

baptistgadfly.blogspot.com ("The Baptist Gadfly")

God bless

Stephen

R. L. Vaughn said...

Thanks for your comments and the invitation to visit your blog, Bro. Garrett. I agree that God "works ALL THINGS after the counsel of his own will."