Translate

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Two Prayers of Paul

II Timothy 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: 15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. 16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. 17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

In this passage of II Timothy, we find a request by the apostle Paul for two groups of people: (1) for Alexander the coppersmith, who was bold and withstood the work of God, Paul asks the Lord requite him according to his evil work; but (2) for those who were weak and failed to stand for the work of God, Paul asks the Lord forgive them. May the Lord bless us to understand the difference.

No comments: