- Peter denied the Lord three times (Matt. 26:34).
- The Lord asked Peter three times "Lovest thou me" (John 21:15-17).
- Jesus in Gethsemane prayed to the Father three times (Matt. 26:44).
- There was darkness over all the land from the sixth hour until the ninth hour (three hours) when Jesus was crucified (Matt.27:45).
- It was after three days that Jesus was found by His parents in the temple (Luke 2:46).
- The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid three measures of meal (Matt. 13: 33).
- Jesus was raised up on the third day (Acts 10:40).
- It was on the third day that Abraham offered up Isaac and received him from the dead in a figure (Gen 22:4, Heb. 11: 19).
- Paul besought the Lord thrice that his thorn in the flesh might depart from him (2 Cor. 12:3).
- Cornelius sent three men to Joppa to find Peter (Acts 10:7).
- The vessel from heaven was lowered to Peter three times, three times the Lord said to him "What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common" (Acts 10:15).
- Elijah stretched himself upon the widow's dead child three times (1 Kings 17:21).
- Moses was hid three months by his mother (Exodus 2:2).
- There was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt for three days (Exodus 10 22).
- God told Moses to say unto the king of Egypt to let the children of Israel go three days' journey into the wilderness to sacrifice unto the Lord their God (Exodus 3:18).
- "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7).
- "And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one" (1 John 5:8).
- "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity" ( 1 Cor. 13 :13).
This is a very useful and helpful list that I wanted to share with you.
After brother Ralph posted his list, Hoyt Sparks also made a great observation about the "trinity" of the old man: "These three are: 1. ME 2. MYSELF and 3 I." !